Thursday, February 28, 2013

Officially Past The Halfway Point!

Yes, it's true, I've officially made it halfway through the book!  The adventure just keeps getting better as I go, even though I've completed a few of what I think are the most time consuming projects, each NEW project I undertake keeps throwing something new at me.  This book really is wonderful, and incredibly useful and versatile, not only do you learn the projects presented in the book, you are learning all kinds of techniques that can be used in other endeavors.  That focal piece you've had sitting around because you just couldn't find the right necklace to put it on?  Solved.   Enough talk, here's some pictures of my progress through the Heirloom necklace, with the color scheme suggested by my Mom!



I had barely started this in the picture above and it did take me longer than I suspected to do this one because of the type of stitch, but MAN is it cool once it's done, but first, a picture of the outside rope, before anything substantial is holding it in shape:


And now, the finished product:



Not only did I complete Heirloom, but I whipped up a version of Winding Road as well, which puts me just over the halfway mark at 14 out of 24 projects completed:


TTFN

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer....i am soooo impressed at your progress....i look forward to seeing more and more...hehehhe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy!!!! I am working hard to do justice to Jill's book! I'm having a great time making all the projects!

      Delete
  2. cor blimey you don't hang around! I am still trying to finish off my 1st project lol xxx

    ReplyDelete