Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Unintentional Hiatus

I promise I haven't forgotten you!  I feel like I've been gone for ages from the blog world.  I've been stuck in reality working on house projects lately, painting the basement, fixing up the gardens, mudding doorways, and of course all the usual stuff like laundry and dishes.

  I was out of town this past weekend for a short getaway with the hubby and some friends to Minneapolis/St. Paul, we went to a Reptile Expo, which is super interesting, there was everything from snakes, to lizards, to alligators, to cockroaches, to toads.  It was quite the experience, we came home with a new addition to our scaley family in the form of a baby kingsnake.  Super calm, she's been a doll so far.  After the expo, we were off to the State Capitol for a tour and then on to the Mall of America.  Then we headed back and my best friend from high school came up to visit and we did a few tourist things up here in the Fargo area.  We hit up the Fargo Air Museum and the Hjemkomst Heritage Center.  All in all, it was a pretty darn good weekend.

  I know I've left you all hanging as far as pictures are concerned, so I will try to throw in a few today from my trip since I haven't had much time for beadwork lately.  But now that I'm home, hopefully that will change at least a little.

The new snake (+Hubby)

Everyone (but me - someone had to take the picture!) on the steps of the State Capitol:

Hubby & Best friend with Woody at Legoland:

Obligatory posing like the statue pictures:

And that will have to do until I have some time to make some new beady things!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend. But I thought another snake was off the table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice weekend. We had been talking about replacing the original snake for quite awhile now, we both really loved the kingsnake so this was a good fit.

    ReplyDelete