Monday, March 12, 2012

Almost there

To the end of the book that is.  I've got all of the pieces finished now, but still have to take some decent pictures of a few of them.

The piece we continue the journey with, and the reason for the hiatus and lack of crystals, Fanfare.  This bracelet is simply dripping with crystals and there is no way to avoid being blinded while working on it, so here it is:

I also had to order crystals for most of the book in order to finish it, simply because I don't keep too many on hand, but it was well worth it to order a whole bunch.  Plus, it's FUN to shop for shiny sparkles.  Entwined Circles was the next project on the chopping block and I had all kinds of fun with this one, since the colors I chose made it so incredibly bright:

Then we had Shadow Wave which I have to thank Marcia for since she was so generous and sent me a triangular rivoli in order to work on it!  I just love the little shot of pink around the triangle to give it that little pop of color:





Terracita, being the next project, I tried to challenge myself a bit and work with colors I wouldn't usually use.  I found myself attracted to earthy yet still shiny brown/tan tones.  The whole piece ends up looking very rich in person (I'm not sure it translates very well in a photo) being slight variations of all the same basic color:

To finish out the chapter, also because that's all the pictures I have for now, Whitby earrings.  Again, Marcia was very generous and sent me the teardrops for these pieces!  I'll admit, I feel a little spoiled!  I played with color a bit in these but I think they turned out pretty well, fun to wear that's for sure!

And that's all I've got for now, I'll take pictures of the remaining few projects today or tomorrow and I'll update you with finishing the book very soon (I promise!)  Then, all of these lovely pieces will be sent to the wonderful woman herself.  Yes, I'll be sending all of these projects to Marcia DeCoster, since she asked to see them all in person!  As a side note, I can't wait for the Bead & Button Show this year as I'll be able to take a class from Marcia again and see many wonderful beads!

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful! I think Fanfare, Shadow Wave and Whitby are my favorites but who wants to choose?!

    ReplyDelete