Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Some Big Updates!

Hello again all!

It has indeed been quite some time since I've last written you.  Here is my biggest piece of news, I'll be helping the wonderful Jill Wiseman in her classes at Bead & Button this year!  The full week! :)  So if you've already signed up or have yet to, you'll be seeing the both of us!

I've also been doing some work for the always fabulous Mikki Ferrugiaro, by beading some samples and doing some kit testing for her.  I cannot even tell you how much fun that is!  Here is the first sample I put together:





I have also been doing quite a few pieces of Jill's work as well.  She has a group on Facebook now dedicated to her designs (most prominently her book - Beautiful Beaded Ropes) but all her other designs as well, including her mom June's designs too!  She has also started a Youtube channel with helpful videos that go along with some of her tutorials, some that are basic stitch how-to's, and some free project tutorials!  You can find all that here.

In celebration of how well the Facebook group is doing (I'm a moderator over there) I decided to make a new version of French Quarter Lariat, which was the first design from her book that I ever made:





Along with a slew of earrings from her free project video: Whirlygig Earrings -



After all of those, which didn't take long at all, they were SO easy, and made even easier if you watch the video along with it!  I started to work on some of her Designer of the Year projects from Beadwork!  Here is Infinity Cuff:



And Fireworks necklace:



Light My Fire, I decided to do a choker version instead of a bracelet, and went all out on my fringe:




Another of her free project tutorials on the Youtube channel is the Ogalala bracelet, I did 2 versions, one with bead soup:



And one in black and red for my Mother-In-Law:



And lastly, I have a couple pieces that I worked on, I don't remember where they came from, Parisian Lights (I believe this is a free project on the Youtube Channel):



And Sleek, which has a video on the Youtube Channel, but is a supplemental video to go along with the tutorial, which you can purchase on her website :




And that's all for now, TTFN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment